Thought of baking some bread for our dinner tonight. Nami-miss ko na din ang tinapay na mainit – at syempre yung gawa ko. 😀 At dahil na-perfect ko na ang recipe ng tinapay ko (as far as I am concerned) kasi tinatangkilik naman ng mga anak ko, ise-share ko na lang kung paano ko ginawa. Ay, hindi pa ako hi-tech, kaya wala pang video version. Pasensya na po. Para lang po muna ito sa magti-tyagang magbasa…salamat po. Picture-picture na lang po muna. 😉
DOUGH Preparation –
- 5 CUPS of All Purpose Flour
- 3 TSP Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of Fresh Milk
- 1/3 cup of MARGARINE, Softened
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 TBSP of MARGARINE,
- 8 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 CUP of Freshly Grated CHEDDAR CHEESE divided
- 1/2 TSP EACH of BASIL, PARSLEY, ALL SPICE, GROUND PEPPER
- 1/2 small pack PEPPERONI
- In a small saucepan heat milk and butter and warm it just enough until the butter melts at 110°F degrees (syempre dapat may kitchen thermometer ka). Add yeast and let it stay for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the garlic and butter together for a few minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant but not brown, put all the seasonings, set aside.
- In a big bowl (of a stand mixer, if available) add the flour, half of the cheddar cheese, sugar, egg yolks and the yeast mixture. Mix “mano-mano” with spatula then with hand for at least 10 minutes (or on low in a stand mixer, if available, until everything is incorporated) — wala pa kasi akong stand mixer, ibibigay pa lang ng universe, hinihintay ko pa ;-D
- If kneading with mixer, increase the speed to medium high and knead the dough for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it is nice and smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer the dough in a lightly greased container/bowl, grease the top and sides of the dough with a little oil as well, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 2-3 hours (place it somewhere dark and warm until it has almost doubled in size).
- After 3 hours, knead lightly on a floured surface, form into a log, flatten, brush generously with the garlic mixture, arrange pepperoni on top and sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the grated cheddar cheese.
- Roll carefully to form into a log (again), cut and place in an oiled baking pan/sheet. Pwede din gawing parang monay na may palaman, just like these:
- Brush the top of the buns with the garlic/butter mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the dough.
- Cover and let it sit for about an hour.
- Bake at 190°C/375°F preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. When done, brush some butter on top (para lang mabango).